Life in Stuttgart ~ The Raw truth

I've been here a little over a year and how the time has flown by.  I named this blog Upgrade 101 because I just want to encourage people to upgrade their dietary lifestyle (at a basic level).

There's nothing to it but to do it.  REVERSE DIABETES in 30 days is a movie that I have watched a few times and it still amazes me that people all over military communities are still taking shots as though there is NOTHING BETTER!


The participants in the film did JUST THAT and much more. 

The amazingly powerful transformations that happen in other areas of your life are unexplainable to those that do not understand, and impossible to those that will not understand!

It still brings a chuckle to my throat when a addicted smoker with that smell lingering all around them says to me (in that scratchy smokers voice) that it cannot possibly be healthy to drink distilled water.  "What do you wanna do...kill yourself with all this new age stuff?" (long drag on cigarette then 2 minutes of coughing)

(with a cigarette between the fingers unlit)  What??!!! You're fasting!!??? Like not eating??!!!  WTH!!??  That can NOT BE SAFE!  What are you bulimic or something.  You could go see somebody in MFLC about that because it just cannot be good for your body at all...(using inhaler - coughing up phlegm and a little blood (looks like) spitting and cussing about it ~ then lighting and taking a drag or 2 off the cigarette again)

Yes, this happens more often than I can say.


If there was a way I could get the Combined commands in the Stuttgart Military Community to take notice and make a difference.  I'd let them know sustainable energy and saving a million dollars here and there on recycling and energy conservation is good and all but they ARE KILLING US, our families and our children with the fast (barely food) that we are forced to face daily.  They give us no options other than fat, more fat and less food quality.  And I'm sorry eating a Sandwich and just leaving the meat off is not a viable solution..nor is a salad bar with a dressing that is 37% fat and added things that GOK - (god only knows)

My truth is - as for others on the path to life ~ unfortunately If I dont make it myself, I can't eat it most times.  My government and support organizations do not feed me in the FOOD COURT, cannot offer me sustenance in the base or post clubs/restaurants nor offer me dietary refuge in the fun and family centers, (bowling alley, theaters and so on).  Eating in the dining facilities is also truly next to impossible. and when I do make a decision to have something out of my Raw, vegetarian or Vegan family...It reminds me too well again that as I am pledged (sworn) to defend the Constitution of the United States...they have never pledged or sworn to do that for my nutritional health.  It's okay to die for your country in war and because of your country in their eating establishments? 

I choose to self care.  I choose life.  I choose live food and I choose to live.  I don't want to be pasteurized, processed and denatured.  I want the options to have a dining facility that does not have all foods drowned in butter, milk based sauces, fried, battered and petrified.  I want it whole, fresh, and in a state as close to natural as possible. 

I want REAL FOOD.  Not fake food by products.  If I could make a stand and initiate a difference I would like a Command wide proclamation...That we would have a DAY of RAW~wakening.

Where we could say to other military communities WORLDWIDE that you can have the best military in the world but if they are plagued with injuries, illness, sickness and disease.  What's the point?  Our militaries spend more money and time on the sick troops and do nothing to encourage the WELLNESS of the well ones like me that NEVER get ill, never suffer overuse injuries, dont have high cholesterol or blood pressure, arthritis, diabetes, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia or any number of things clearly documented and classified as LIFESTYLE disturbances in the body.  The types of things you get due to your lifestyle.  Your eating, your hole filling pastime.

Let's R~awaken to a different way.  A day in the RAW!

My co-worker calls me the "Health Witch".  We laugh about it all the time and he STILL eats all the foods I prepare because they are REAL, FRESH, NUTRITIOUS, SUSTAINABLE, DELICIOUS, TANTALIZING to the taste buds, and APPEALING to the eye and ENTICING to the nose.

So, check out the recipes on these blogs, get a HP blender and make your own baby food, make your own soups, your own ice cream without milk, cream, sugar or preservatives.  Blend up a fruit, veggie or fruit & veggie smoothie.  your children dont have to be sick, overweight or attention deficit.  Make them nutrient dense and abundantly well with LIVE, RAW, WHOLE foods and snacks. 

Yes, you can have chocolate, brownies, tacos, lasagna, greens and more.  Life in the RAW is no longer out of your reach.

Make a choice, Make a change.

I am Chef Vee ~ I am RAWsome ~ and I am also.  .  .  The "HEALTH WITCH" OF AFRICOM!! 

Comments

Popular Posts