If not for you, then who

I've held food themed and health based seminars and workshops in Europe and the US and there are always three things that stand out to me where ever I go and no matter the mix of people.

Many are visibly overweight.
Several in talking admit to having a lifestyle ailment (diabetes, high blood pressure, indigestion. etc)
Invariably they will also indicate they have TRIED EVERYTHING or it's heredity...

Well my personal take on heredity is as a precursor, not as a sentence.  I am the youngest of five and I have two sons. My children and I do not...I repeat, do not have ANYTHING debilitating that was handed down from the family.  My siblings and some of their children have the same and similar issues that has plagued many, many members of our lineage.  The difference is that as soon as I knew better, I did better not only for myself but for my kids too.  I believe that if you eat what they ate and live like they lived and think as they thought and do as they did you will get what they got.

My children and I are athletic, they and I have been since childhood we are not overweight and at 50 my blood pressure last week was 101/58.  My weight floats between 135 and 145 without dieting.  Just living and eating a relatively clean and raw based diet.  It would please me to no end to pass my lifestyle onto my grand children but alas they eat what their mothers give them.  Two are not as fit as they could be and are on the bigger side of the child measurement scale (taller and heavier). the youngest one I have the opportunity to spend more time with.

However when he first came to be with us for an extended summer visit, at three he has had constant upper respiratory congestion like symptoms.  nose always running, always has a cough since about 9 months old.  EVERY SINGLE DAY and to top it off he was going three to four days without defecation.  Four days.  Yes, he is of normal maybe even smaller stature than the other two and I set immediately changing his diet to get at the constipation and clearing the nose drips and cough.  First, no dairy, no bread, no packaged foods at all.  Steamed vegetables and fruit everyday along with cut up raw fruits (that he would eat).  Red raspberry leaf or smooth moves tea every night before bed and distilled water ALL DAY LONG with a little lemon squeezed in it.

I had to bring him to my house for these days since I knew that if he could ask for something else that his aunt, uncle, cousins or father...might not be totally aware and cast him back into what I saw as dietary distress.

By day 5 and 6 we got a tiny bit of poo and he sat for 35 minutes to even produce that but on the morning of day 7 (day six all raw and smooth moves tea all evening)  What that baby passed is still amazing to me.  It was an amount so great as to clearly be above the waterline.

He came to me so happy that (his boo boo came down) that he was dancing and laughing.  (even he knew something was not right before then).

Three times a day now he goes, sometimes four.  His eyes are brighter, he wakes up clear and not groggy, he runs and plays (man does he run and play). He is now drinking rice and almond mylk often if I am around, he gets it fresh when I make it or his father buys it for him.  favorite foods now...steamed broccoli, brown rice, sliced cucumbers, and pancakes made with rice flower that has zucchini and cauliflower blended in, made with almond or coconut mylk, vanilla beans, stevia or agave and a half teaspoon of green powder.  Sure his pancakes are green but he absolutely loves them and they nourish him in ways Aunt Jemima could never.

So, you want to upgrade your nutrition?  Do it now.  Do it slowly if need be.  Do it for you.  If not for you, then who?

I am Chef Vee and I am Rawsome

Comments

Popular Posts